How to Order Photographic Reproductions
Photographic copies of Prints and Photographs Division items found in
American Memory can be ordered from the Library of Congress Photoduplication
Service. These reproductions (prints or transparencies) are made from high
quality negatives or transparencies.
- Take down the following information to place an order:
- If the "REPRODUCTION NUMBER" field is filled in, note down
the letters and numbers that appear there and the type of negative (glass
or film) mentioned in parentheses.
- For example: LC-USZ62-110212 (b&w film neg.)
- If the "REPRODUCTION NUMBER" field only contains dashes,
take down the letters and numbers that appear in the "CALL NUMBER"
field. (The original will have to be photographed by the Photoduplication
- Note down a brief caption for the item.
- Contact the Photoduplication
Service to place an order (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted
by mail and by fax.
- The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete
Return to the Presidential